xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' [Decorated Guardrails]: The Best Way to Celebrate Easter

Monday, April 21, 2014

The Best Way to Celebrate Easter

Over the past few weeks, I have been busy getting ready for our church's Easter Sunday. Our day included a church wide breakfast and special AM service. There were specials, videos, a Scripture reading, singing and a message. I was honored to be a part of that service. Everything about it seemed to shout “He is risen!” I was both challenged and encouraged by the many people who served, ministered and attended Sunday.  

As I spent a great deal of time getting ready for that special service, I was often challenged by one thought. Is God really honored if we make a big deal out of one service, but hardly dedicate any other day to Him the rest of the year? I am not against spending time making Easter a service to remember, I am already thinking of way to make next year even better, but how big of a deal is the resurrection to me today? tomorrow?

I am challenged to live in such a way that I make a big deal out of Easter every day of my life. There are so many distractions that the world offers me as a way to escape that duty, and honestly I fail often. There are many unsaved people who will even attend the obligatory Easter service, and I am grateful they come, the challenge is do I come because I am obligated or because I love being here? How grateful am I that He rose again? Grateful enough to live every day for His glory? Grateful enough to make much of Christ and little of me?


This year let’s commit to making much of Easter every day! John 10:10 “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”

No comments :

Post a Comment